Staying sane in an insane world...

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Traumatic dog life


































Mango (my Jack Russell Terrier) had been thru a lot for the past 2 weeks.. It started innocently with just crystals in her bladder which can be removed easily.. thought was something trivial...

The next day, my nightmare begins.. the vet informed me that her bladder has lost its function, meaning Mango can no longer pee, even when she's straining.. the vet has to empty her bladder twice a day so that she won't get crystals again..but also said that she can't live like that forever.. I have to face the difficult decision of putting her to sleep.. God! No!! I can never let that happen... not when she's still jumping around, perfectly healthy.. Abide the functional loss of her bladder..

Not viable as over time, she might get bladder infection and also, the daily cleansing cost a lot.. The easy way out, of course is to let her sleep for good.. Couldn't sleep for nights, agonizing over this.
Luckily, there's another solution.. the vet can insert some kinda tube thro the bladder and all I need to do is, to use the syringe and withdraw her urine twice a day.. No risk of infection, only inconvenience..
Funny how I only wish she can pee with ease when I had scolded her so much whenever she release her pee in my living room.. The worse is, vet discover that she has got tumors on her breasts.. thank god it still can be managed and hasn't spread...

Decided to go for the costly operation, and give her a chance, she might survive this.. after all, she MIGHT regain her function after a looooooong time. well, it's a chance I'm willing to take..
I went to see her today, and she just had the operation in the afternoon, she was shivering and whimpering when I came.. a little drowsy as well, and she can't seems to recognize me at all. The vet assured me that it's just the after effects of the anesthesia.. it'll wear off after a while.. I left her at the hospital, feeling somewhat worried but glad. hope that I have made the right decision..
After all, money can never replace a life, be it human or dog


Just had a feeling that she's going to be alright, well, not so soon, but definitely in the long run
God, please bless her. I still want to spend a few more years with her..



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home